Charlie Christian is widely considered one of the founding fathers of Bebop music. The Charlie Christian "Solo Flight" model was built by Samick in collaboration with D'Leco guitars. It was designed by Maurice Johnson of D'Leco and licensed from the estate of Charlie Christian, whom a portion of the proceeds went to. Maurice is commonly seen playing CC models to this day.
- Solid Maple arched top & back
- Laminated Maple sides
- Nato center block
- Venetian cutaway
- Set-in Maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with Pearloid split block inlays
- Mother of Pearl headstock inlays
- 22 frets
- 24.75" scale
- Single-ply body (including f-holes), neck and headstock
- Two ceramic humbuckers
- 3-way switch
- 2 Vol, 2 Tone (Push/Pull)
- Gold hardware
- 16:1 ratio lubricated, die-cast tuning machines
- Three-ply raised pickguard
- Black bell knobs
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Black (BK)
Same as CCTS but with Rosewood bridge and Trapeze tailpiece.
- Golden Sunburst (GS)
Same as CCTS but with Trapeze tailpiece.
- White (WH)